How To Put The Brakes On Your Nagging Partner
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN…
- What is causing your partner to “Nag”
- How to make it worse
- Specific things you can do to stop nagging in it’s tracks.
The “Dog House” – What NOT to Do With Your Nagging Partner
- Ignore it
- Dismiss the Issue
The FIX – How to Put the Brakes On Nagging
- Change Your View: Your partner is trying have you hear that they need something vs. You are a failure.
- Fight Your Desire to React: Press pause button
- Listen: Your partner is trying to tell you something and will keep trying until you hear him/her.
- Engage: Show interest in what your partner is trying to tell you
- Take Action: Behaviors speak louder than words.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Counseling to Resolve Conflict – Jennifer Chappell Marsh, LMFT
5 Steps For Communicating Your Needs in Your Relationship– Jennine Estes, LMFT
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. We want to be friends so visit us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ where we encourage you to leave your comments and feedback!