HOW TO REPAIR AFTER A FIGHT
It’s not always the fact that you fight that counts but how you repair after a fight that determines your relationship health. If you have a system in place to reconnect, repair and team up after a fight – it makes your relationship stronger. Couples Therapist’s Jennifer Chappell Marsh and Jennine Estes walk you through how repair after things have gone off track with your parter.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN…
- How to “make up” so that fights don’t leave you disconnected
- What NOT to do after a fight
- 6 Steps on How to Repair a Fight
The FIX – How to Make-up after Fight
- Take time to cool down if needed
- Express your hurt without attacking of blaming
- Apologize like you mean it – an empty apology might make things worse
- Tell you partner what you need to feel better
- Own your part and how it impacted your partner
- Create a prevention plan (what can we do in the future…?)
Tips on how to execute the steps:
- Keep eye contact and body language non threatening
- Don’t give up if you are frustrated, keep trying
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks for tuning in to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode about learning how to make up after an argument, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. We want to be friends so visit us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ where we encourage you to leave your comments and feedback!