Everything You Need To Know About Emotional Affairs
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN…
- What is an Emotional Affair?
- Is an Emotional Affair considered cheating?
- 6 Signs You are Having an Emotional Affair
- What to do and what NOT to do if you are having an Emotional Affair
6 Signs Your Friend is More Than a Friend:
- The relationship is hidden
- That person becomes your “go to” for sharing intimate information
- Crossing the line emotionally (flirting, sexting, etc)
- Your grooming changes
- Ditching responsibilities
- Obsessive contact
“The Dog House” – What Not To Do
- Don’t compare this relationship to your marriage or serious relationship
- Don’t fool yourself – just because you aren’t having sex doesn’t mean you aren’t cheating
- Don’t keep secrets
- Don’t deem the marriage unfixable
“The Fix” – How to Get It Right & Back Into Bed
- Do Couples Therapy
- Do stop the relationship
- Do get accountability
- Do resource support from safe people
- Do grief the loss
RESOURCES FOR THIS EPISODE
How to Identify an Emotional Affair – Jennine Estes, LMFT
Benefits of Marriage Therapy – Jennifer Chappell Marsh, LMFT
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks for tuning in to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. We want to be friends so visit us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ where we encourage you to leave your comments and feedback!